Monday, January 4, 2010

You did it!


Hi everyone! Happy New Year!!!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, surrounded by family and friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That said, I am glad the hustle and bustle is over and life can get back to normal:) :) I'm not a scrooge, mind you, just super relieved to have put the tree back in the attic:)  And the yard decorations, ugh.....ours kept falling down due to wind and rain, so we kept tethering them to each other, to bricks, to rocks:):) (you get the picture:):) So yes, I'm welcoming the New Year, and no more yard art for a few months:):):):):)
Today is my birthday!!! My dear hubby surprised me with a snazzy new camera, and dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant! But, my dear daughter gave me the best gift of all...... She played with her little brother so I could escape to my studio to create!!!! Wow, it sure felt good to be able to get in the zone, and just have fun!!! I know you can all relate:):):) One of my resolutions this year is to MAKE more time to get full of ink:):)  Here is a quick pic of me loving the sombrerro and the Happy Birthday song:):):)

So my card today is for Mercy's sketch  MTSC54  created for my daughter, Brenah.
She qualified for the Junior Olympics for Fencing!!!! Not only did she qualify, but she qualified with a comeback! Several months ago she had a freak accident with a heavy metal gym door and almost severed her middle finger on her right hand! (Her fencing hand) After a fractured tuft bone, and plastic surgery, she was out of competition for awhile. She worked hard and trained her legs when she couldn't hold a blade, and made a comeback and DID IT!!! So I'm SUPER proud of her, and can't wait to see her compete in TENN this year!!!
Ok, back to the card:) The lace doesn't look quite so ragged in person... I guess my new camera pics up everything a little too good:):)
The image is from The Greeting Farm, Flapper Anya. I stamped her onto choice cardstock with memento tuxedo ink in black. Colored her with copics, and added some glitter with my favorite sakura quickie glue pen. The paper is from my Taylored Expressions December Key Ingredients. And lastly I spritzed the background with shimmer spritz!

Supplies:
Stamps: The Greeting Farm- Flapper Anya, Taylored Expressions - A Year Of Sentiments
Paper: TE's December Key Ingredients
Copics
Lace, from my stash
Punch: Martha Stewart Lattice
Nestabilities, and Impressabilities
Shimmer Spritz, bubblegum and Irridescent Gold
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs

4 comments:

  1. this is so cute Jamie! I love the layers and I need to get one of those glue pens! So cute!!! And congrats to your daughter... that's an amazing story!! (And have you thought of making those buttons to match designer paper... I'd be all over buying some of those. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am also glad Christmas is over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for the nice comment on my bloggy! I love the flapper card, it's sooo cute! Happy Birthday to a fellow January Birthday PErson! lol mine's 10 days after yours! Your daughter sounds like she is very determined, and talented! You must be an extremely proud mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute..Happy birthday..What a fun day you must have had and what a great gift.. Sounds like your daughter is a strong one and I wish her all the best..I have never heard of that competition..Great card. I love these images..Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!